Soaking in my golden silence

So often we ask for silence in our environment, a reduction in the noise to find peace and quiet.  I agree, silence brings peace and allows for the mind to be free from the sensory overload of sound.  Silence is Golden, I have heard this phrase my whole life but never explored this in its true essence.  Gold is of immense value to all mankind, then why is this compared to Silence I ask? I have grown up in India, studied in the US and been married in the US for over 13 years.  I have traveled the world, studied at top universities and have been employed by the best of employers.  All through my twenties and early thirties, I turned off the music, changed rooms and went to libraries to find silence.  It relaxed me, got me in touch with myself and then started a chain reaction of my thoughts.  I reveled in my achievements, thought about my problems and day dreamed about situations that excited me made me sad and motivated me.  I spent my silence picturing myself on Oprah, a handicapped child, a woman ridden by vitiligo, or a beggar on the streets of Mumbai.  All of this was done in silence and to find peace, but instead I was tired, sad, happy or mad by the time I was done trying to relax.  My genetic concoction is blend of empathy, and creativity.  I am very talented at being creative about situations and then putting myself in those situations.  I am always bogged down by picturing myself as those that have less than me and hoping to be more than who I am.  I am never just me, I do not know how to just be. 
Knowing what I know now and with miles to go and pages left to turn, I am focusing on the cracks in a dark room, realizing that there are always cracks that allow for the light to enter; this light is the realization of just being.  I am in the process of chiseling my empathy and my creativity to carve out the person that embodies my mind.  For this to succeed, I have to encourage that out of body experience that allows me to assess myself as just a human being, minus all relationships, thereby all expectation.  This then will be the start of the true silence; silence that can be valued in Gold.  The silence that does not require the lack of sound, an empty room or even a library, the silence that can be found in the stillness of ones thoughts, the patience of ones response and the essence of ones soul.  The silence that defines you for just who you are, applauds you for being yourself and motivates you to do the most that this life can offer so when you do empathize with those that have less than you, you give more than just your empathy, you give your presence that empowers them to do more, you lend all that is required from all that you cultivate.  You give a piece of your soul that has been renewed everyday.  You learn the essence of just being, soaking in your inner silence.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An interesting business from the roof with a view

Seeking your inner warrior

My Mind's playground